Monday, September 7, 2009

Ridiculously proud.....


Justin had his first band performance on August the 28th,2009. The Oneonta Redskins played Arab and came out with a victory of 34-33! I have to admit I was a bit nervous watching my child,who I wish at times was still little, being so grown out there on that field at half time. I remember being a kid, and in school anyone that was on that stadium field, seemed so much older than me, now I am so much older than them, one being my child. I know I have said time and time over my posts that I don't want to let go, but I know I have to. After he came off the field, I automatically wanted to run over and get a picture with him, but I knew this would embarrass him, so I paced myself.I waited until I felt like no one was watching, and I could just grab some random person to take our picture. Well to my surprise that didn't happen, and still wanting the picture, I make probably one of the biggest mistakes I could have made, I asked a band member(oops) So being very hesitant(and embarrassed) Justin stood beside me, and the kid holding my camera says" So like are you like one of his family members?" I said" I'm his mother" while looking me up and down and giving this look,( and I'm still not sure if this was a "wow your mom is hot look" or "omg Justin your mom is ugly look") he says"Wow you don't look ANYTHING like my mom" right then I knew. I knew that embarrassed Justin,and the picture was snapped!!! Omg boys are so weird sometimes, had this been his dad, no biggie, but what is it about us moms? I mean are they "Too cool" to be seen with us? I know he is at that age, but all I wanted was a pic :(


Besides all that I just have to say to my son, Justin I am so proud of you. You have proven to me, that you are a very mature child and I am so proud to be your mother. You have an amazing-talent, and continue to pursue your music dream! I love you!- mom

0 comments: