Monday, September 7, 2009

What it takes....to make this work


Normally, I don't brag on myself, or talk about how I feel like I owe myself this or that. Generally I seek making myself feel better, by seeing my family happy. Recently, I have had to go back to work, and I haven't been at home much. I work long hours, and the pay isnt all that great, but I am so greatful for employment. I get up almost every morning at 5 am get myself ready and go cook for 25 plus something people. During the week I could 3 days, and every other weekend I work really long hours, and it can be very tiresome. Not only on me, but my family(esp. my husband). My husband does the morning shift with the kids, getting them ready, to school, and to child care, and in the afternoons I pick everyone up.Some days we are both so wore out that we hardly have time for each other. He works long hours as well. I get the middle two from school, go home, wait about and hour an a half, get supper ready, get Trey and Ethan ready for practice, then go get Justin from band practice. Then I come home finish my diner, then run the two football players to practice, then go home, eat diner, go back pick up kids, get them fed, and baths, then sometime find the time to clean up the mess that has been made during this rush, then the hubbs gets home. Somedays he is home early and can help me out, most days we need him getting that extra time to help the ol payroll out.Times can get very hard for some, especially with large families. I am not complaining, but giving myself a little pat on the back for holding my own, and not giving up, even though sometimes I wish my kids knew how much me and Dusty do for them, so they would appreciate it more.


I have found that it takes hard work, and dedication to make this work. Our lives are so busy and at times so chaotic that we hardly have time for each other. We are what holds this family together, and together we make it work. Times have been hard for Dusty and I but we have always managed to pull through. I think its love that keeps the wheels of our busy life moving, and without that Im not sure I would be sane enough to even write about it. So if you are having a busy day, and things get overwhelming take the time to remember why you are doing it. I used to say when I worked full time and was a single parent that I wanted a job that I could work around my family, not work my family around my job. Well I have found just that. So I have learned its not really what you make, but what you make of it. I am so greatful for my family, and all of my blessings that I have been able to catch and hold onto. Thank you for reading........

0 comments: