Friday, August 14, 2009

Because every child needs one....





Growing up without a full time daddy was hard on me as a child. At times I felt lost, confused and angry. I couldn't understand why my father wanted nothing to do with me and my sisters. I needed him there so many times:"Father/Daughter" dances, the first time a boy tried to kiss me, and the first time I wanted to hit a boy. lol......My relationship with him has been rocky for many years. I would spend time with him during the summers at the lake, he would teach me how to fish and play cards, then by the next summer, no phone calls, no nothing.....


I am not bitter about this. I just learned alot from him. I learned that I want the very best for my children. And even though my older two boys do not have there father "in the home" with them, they have very great dads! I have been fortunate enough to have and maintain great relationships with their dads, even after separations. My children have never really have had to go through what I did as a child, I made sure of that! Justin and Ethan's dads have such great relationships with them, that I no longer have to worry whether or not they do without that "male bonding" experience. I am truly blessed. You know that alot of people after divorce/separations, never truly have a friendship with there ex's, well I have made sure I have. I want my children to see me and their dads getting along, so they know its not about what did or didn't happen with us, but more so it being about them. Justin and Ethan you have amazing fathers I hope one day you will teach your children what we have taught you.


Now....moving on to my current situation.This is my first marriage and as you know I have another child. He is one of the most amazing men I know. When Dusty and I started dating he took to my kids very well. I was a little nervous because not many men in my life have been involved with my boys, but I knew I could trust this one. Since the beginning he has always been an awesome provider, and a wonderful role model to my children.After having Peyton, and being able to experience having another child with this wonderful man, I knew he would be exactly what I would expect in a father. He works long hours out in the heat,and tries to help me out with things when he gets home. I am so grateful that God sent me a good man, and an awesome DADDY. He is everything I have ever wanted for my children, and for myself. So I would like to pay tribute to the man that keeps this family going. Dusty you are the love of my life, and the best dad any child could ever have. Thank you for always sticking it out, and not complaining about it.Thank you for being exactly the opposite of what I had growing up.Thank you for not giving up on me and our family when at times it seemed easier too. I love you with all my heart, and I will forever be grateful to you. If you have someone you would like to pay your gratitude to, just post a comment!!! Thanks for reading!!!

Because every child needs one! A good DADDY!!!


0 comments: