Monday, August 17, 2009

Myspace & Cellphones & Girlfriends....OH MY!


See the kid in the middle, with the black shirt on, yea the "Crunch" junior. Well that's my Ethan. He is trying to be cool waiting on me to pick him up from school today.(Sorry the pic is blurry, took it as I was pulling up ) Anyways, you know I have talked in my earlier posts about "Paying for my raising"; well he is DEFINITELY the one. He gets in the car today and asks me why he still cant have a girlfriend. The rule in our house is the boys aren't aloud to have "girlfriends" until we feel like they are ready. Ethan has been working on me for about two years, and still no success. So he proceeds to tell me today that he really really needs a girlfriend. I asked him why all of a sudden does he "need" a myspace(which he don't have) a cell phone(don't have that either) and a girlfriend. He says its cause he wants to be like the other kids in his grade, you know since hes in the 3rd grade and all. I explained to him, that he has a right to his childhood, and its my Divine right to protect it, so the answer was still"No" I'm sure he is not going to give up on it, and everyday for the next year I will get to hear how Trey and Justin have myspaces, cell phones and girlfriends, BUT its something we will just have to deal with want we.
A while back I read an email that someone had sent me, and it said something along the lines of"I am glad my children hate me" Well I do not necessarily want mine to hate me, but if they say they do, that means there usually not getting there way, which also means I am doing my job. I am one of those parents that is not afraid to get onto my children in public. If I have to correct them until they get it right, even if it means doing it fifty times, at least they have that lesson they can take with them. I refuse to let my kids "Be like everyone else" . They are unique in there own way. I feel like with anything and everything being so readily available to kids now days, I feel like its our jobs as parents to protect them.Duh! crystal we all knew that. But seriously, for those of you who know me, know I was fast growing up, and I have strived very hard to make sure that my kids aren't. So Ethan I'm sorry if you cant have a myspace or a cell phone or a girlfriend, but your only 8. And one day you will thank me for this. For those of you who allow this...no pun intended lol

0 comments: